Saturday, December 18, 2010

Bowl "Week": A Long Countdown to a Title

You're not going to believe this, but I took two nights to write an epically long, 35-pick bowl preview extravaganza. Then 3 minutes ago when I pushed the "publish post" button, it disappeared. Gone, apparently, for all eternity. A stream of bits and bytes floating somewhere in the ionosphere, never to be commingled again. Tragic.


So instead of the multi-thousand word epic, all you get is this haiku-like, 12:40 am, feverishly written blurb. I'm sorry, I just don't have time to bang out another Oedipus. If you want the scoop on my picks, you'll have to come play me in ESPN's college bowl mania


Sadly, that massive missive was to be my last official college football related post. In 7 days my family leaves for Australia, where we'll serve for a year as missionaries among the college students of Melbourne. College football will become a wee-hours of Sunday morning affair, and an ill-televised one at that. Unless something changes, it's at least a year-long break for me. I will still be writing though, at times with something random here, and more frequently at www.theweimers.net. You can follow our Aussie adventures there. And you can follow me on twitter (@jweimer25) if you'd like to know when I get the urge to write something random and unrelated here. And hopefully within a year and a half, you can be among the first to get a copy of the book I'm co-authoring - a project I'm working on with Roger Hershey called "The Finishers". We're postulating that the Great Commission of Jesus Christ can be finished in this generation, and examining the role young people have to play in it.


And with that, I bid you adieu for now. Enjoy the bowls, and have a very merry Christmas! Remember Jesus, the reason for the season, the greatest gift of all. If you don't yet know Him, it's worth some time to explore why people like me make such a big deal of Him. Pick up a Bible and read the book of John or the book of Colossians. It just might change your life.

No comments: